Our client, an American school in Abuja, is recruiting a Front Desk Officer who will resume work in August 2022.
Job Advert & Profile Description
Position : Front Desk Officer
The role will be responsible for managing all receptionist tasks such as receiving phone calls, greeting our prospective parents and visiting parents and clients, scheduling appointments for parent teacher conferences and meetings, handling queries and complaints.
You will also be required to take on clerical tasks such as receiving packages, sorting mails and emails, and taking part in student drop off and pick up daily.
• Responsible for greeting prospective parents, visitors, and guests – directing them to the appropriate staff member and taking them on a tour of the school when necessary .
• Responsible for scheduling appointments and management of school calendar coordination.
• Preparation of correspondence, presentations, email communications, and excel spreadsheets.
• Responsible for telephone and electronic communications (emails and WhatsApp), or text messages
• Always maintaining a professional image of the organization.
• Providing answers to inquiries about the school as well as providing information such as the school’s address and directives on the school’s location, etc.
• Managing orders and maintaining office supplies and recording files
• Accepting and delivering letters and packages to appropriate personnel and departments.
Taking part actively in the student drop off and pick up.
Required Profile for Job Advert: Front Desk Officer
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant area- Business Administration, Humaities, Arts, etc.
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience as a receptionist, front desk representative, or relevant position.
• Must be customer-oriented with a friendly and professional attitude.
• Strong communication skills accompanied with excellent listening skills and patience to have smooth interactions with highbrow parents either on-call or in-person
• Thorough knowledge of the education sector and elite schools
• Problem-solving ability with analytical skills and conflict resolution skills
• Must be social media savvy and have the ability to manage the school’s digital presence.
• Must know how to use office machinery and work tools relevant to the effectiveness of role including basic computer knowledge (MS Office)
• Excellent communication, written, and people skills
Very neat and professional appearance
Job category : Secretarial work, assistantship services, administrative work
Industry : Education
Employment type : Permanent contract
Region : Abuja
City : Apo
Experience level : Not less than 2 years in a similar role
Resumption Date: 1st of August 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to email@example.com
Please note that this offer is only open to applicants in Abuja as the school will not provide accommodation to the successful candidate.