A BRITISH BOARDING AND DAY GIRLS' SCHOOL IN ABUJA NEEDS A HEAD OF SCHOOL: ARE YOU THE ONE?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the top Leadership Team of our client, a British boarding girls’ school in Abuja as The Head of School who will report directly to the School Executive Director while overseeing the academic and non-academic staff of the school.
This role oversees the Academic, Human Resource, Facilities and Boarding Teams of the school and the Vice Principals will be direct reports.
Requirements for the Role
1. The successful candidate will have at least 5-10 years experience of successfully leading a standard school team in a busy and at times pressurized environment, excellent organisation, communication, and ICT skills, as well as being part of the Leadership Team of the school.
2. Strong managerial and administrative skills with knowledge of the operations of a school
3. Experience in teaching with strong skills in 21st-century skills and modern methods of teaching
4. Excellent supervision skills of academic and non-academic staff
5. An executive presence worthy of this top leadership position
6. A degree in Educational Administration or Management or a Masters in Business Administration, or any other Education degree.
7. Ability to develop the staff to achieve the organisation's objectives
Experience working in a standard British school is necessary and the drive and passion to support our values and teenage girls are essential.
The successful candidate will:
Be able to successfully lead, supervise, and motivate a team.
· Have communication skills.
· Be a team player.
· Be organised and methodical.
· Be able to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
· Have a flexible, aspirational, and enthusiastic attitude.
· Be reflective and have the desire to work effectively in partnership with the School Board, colleagues, parents, and students.
· Have the desire to set high expectations, and embrace change and challenge whilst supporting all members of the team.
Experience. knowledge and skills will include:
Supervision of teachers
Excellent communication skills- written and oral
Budget management skills
Knowledge of the British curriculum
Teaching experience in a good and standard school for at least three years
Sound knowledge of specialist work areas within education
Broad knowledge and understanding of school processes and functions, systems, policies, and regulations- such as financial standards, purchasing, procurement and catering.
Knowledge of boarding house management
Work within defined regulations and procedures but require your own judgement.
Longer term planning forward/strategic planning (specifically financial and premises)
Staff management, including recruitment, training, performance, and absence management.
Can provide day-to-day management of schools’ budgetary systems and admin functions such as HR activity, contracts and tendering, premises, site safety and development.
Can provide support to the School of Directors in particular support and influence strategic planning in key areas of responsibility.
Ability to communicate regularly and effectively with a wide range of school colleagues and external stakeholders.
Ability to negotiate, manage and monitor contracts and tenders.
Ability to manage relationships with parents of the students and pupils.
Within the school, we passionately believe in giving young people the very best Education and the chance to progress and develop themselves through the wide opportunities we offer. We have high expectations and aspirations for all students and staff within our school and we expect excellence throughout.
Please send your CV to email email@example.com
Closing date for application: Friday 11th November 2022 at 4 pm West Central Africa
For further details, please contact Nancy Ekpezu at +234-8035880367 via WhatsApp. Please do not call; rather, send a mesage to WhatsApp.
Initial screening will involve a phone interview. It is anticipated that the first stage of the interviews will be held in the second week of November via Zoom.
Please note that this job opening is a permanent position and is open to only current residents in Nigeria.
Note: Please do not send your CV to the WhatsApp number provided or you will be disqualified.
Kindly share to reach the right people.
Now that uou are on my blog, please subscribe to the blog for more content on school and workplace administration and management. I also post job vacancies and adverts here.