I'll be sharing free articles to educate us on boarding house administration and management now anin the next few weeks.
Now, read on.
Just like the rest of the school, every boarding house is required to have policies and procedures which guide its operations. These policies should relate to the care, welfare, security and safety of all the boarding students.
Strive to nurture a boarding house environment that creates a sense of belonging, where every student (irrespective of their social class or status) feels like a valued member of the community.
Your boarding staff should be trained to be personnel whom the students can admire, respect, relate to and seek guidance and support.
Please always remember that the welfare of boarders is the principal focus of your job as a boarding house staff. So, all the boarding house staff should work collaboratively in the day-to-day care of the students, monitoring their physical, academic, emotional and social welfare. Do this with all the professionalism you can.
As a boarding house, your policies should cover the following and more:
- Behaviour management of the students
- Bullying and harassments
- Disputes and complaints
- Acceptable use of mobile phones and the internet
- Accidents, incidents and illness
- Administration of medicine
- Day-to-day management of the boarding house
- Child protection and safeguarding policy
- Rights and responsibilities of the students
- Rights and responsibility of the staff
- Staff recruitment policy
- Risk management
This list is not exhaustive.
I will share more about each of these policy areas in my subsequent posts, and lots of other posts.
- Meanwhile, have you got a copy of my book Effective Boarding House Management? If you haven’t, please do so asap. I’ll be dispatching the first batch shortly. Thanks to all of you that have already paid for your copies. Keep them coming in, please!
- Pay to Nancy Ekpezu,
- First Bank 2014532690
- (current account)
- Please send details of payment to +234-8035880367 (Whatsapp).
Do you have enquiries?
Then send them to me on Whatsapp at +234-8035880367, or send an email to email@example.com.
Or would you like my team to come and do a boarding house audit for you? Or train your boarding house or management team?
Reach out to me, please.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Watch out for subsequent posts.
Remember to subscribe to my blog and drop a comment, or share this post.