Our company, Pezu Smith Consulting is recruiting for a client, a top school in Abuja for the next academic session (2021/2022). The school implements the Brisitsh Curriculum and has an Early Years, Primary School as well as a Secondary School. The recruitment is in the following positions:
Head of Operations
Vice Principal Academics
Human Resources Manager
Early Years Teachers
Maths and English Language- Primary School Teachers
Maths and English Langauge -Secondary School Teachers
HOW TO APPLY
Read through each of the positions and identify where you fit in or are qualified.
Complete the application form. Please note that there is a separate application form for each position. Ensure you fill the appropriate one, and complete every section of the form.
Also ensure you attach your CV or Resume to the form before submitting it.
Only qualified candidates for each position will be contacted. The school is a high brow school and there is a high expectation for performance in each job role.
All the positions are full-time jobs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:
All applications must be submitted before close of work on Wednesday the 14th of July, 2021 in Nigeria. Interviews will be concluded before the end of July.
All enquiries should be sent to +234-8035880367 (WhatsApp) or via email to email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. HEAD OF OPERATIONS:
OUR SCHOOL IN ABUJA NEEDS A HEAD OF OPERATIONS: ARE YOU THE ONE?
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Leadership Team of this top school in Abuja as The Head of Operations who will report directly to the School's Board of Governors, while overseeing the academic and non-academic staff of the schools.
This role oversees the Academic, Finance, Human Resource, Facilities and Boarding Teams of the school and the Vice Principals will be direct reports.
Requirements for the Role
1. The successful candidate will have at least 8-10 years’ experience of successfully leading a team in a busy and at times pressurized environment, excellent organisation, communication, and ICT skills, as well as being part of the Leadership Team of the school.
2. Strong managerial and administrative skills with knowledge of the operations of a school
3. Experience in teaching with strong skills in 21st century skills and modern methods of teaching
4. Excellent supervision skills of academic and non-academic staff
5. An executive presence worthy of this top leadership position
6. A degree in Educational Administration or Management or a Masters in Business Administration or related course
The successful candidate will:
· Be able to successfully lead and motivate a team.
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Be a team player.
· Be organised and methodical.
· Be able to remain calm and efficient under pressure.
· Have a flexible, aspirational, and enthusiastic attitude.
· Be reflective and have a desire to work effectively in partnership with the School Board, colleagues, parents, and students.
· Have a desire to set high expectations, embrace change and challenge whilst supporting all members of the team.
Experience, knowledge and skills will include:
· Budget management skills
· Teaching experience in a good school for at least three years
· Sound skills in Mathematics and English Language
· Sound knowledge of specialist work areas within education
· Broad knowledge and understanding of school processes and functions specialist software/web-based systems, policies, and regulations- such as financial standards, purchasing, procurement and catering.
· Knowledge of boarding house management
· Work within defined regulations and procedures but require your own judgement.
· Longer term planning forward/strategic planning (specifically financial and premises)
· Staff management, including recruitment, training, performance, and absence management.
· Can provide day to day management of schools’ budgetary systems and admin functions such as HR activity, contracts and tendering, premises, site safety and development.
· Can provide support to the School of Directors in particular support and influence strategic planning in key areas of responsibility.
· Ability to communicate regularly and effectively with a wide range of school colleagues and external stakeholders.
· Ability to negotiate, manage and monitor contracts and tenders.
· Ability to manage relationships with parents of the students and pupils.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
· become part of a thriving, successful and dedicated team of professionals.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application form for this posiion by clicking the flyer below.
Or simply access the application form using the link below: https://bit.ly/headofoperationsapplication
Closing date for application: 14th July 2021 at 4 pm West Central Africa
For further details, please contact +234-8035880367 (WhatsApp).
2. VICE PRINCIPAL ACADEMICS
ADVERT FOR A VICE PRINCIPAL ACADEMICS IN ABUJA
Our client, a top 21st-century Secondary School in Abuja desires to employ a competent Vice Principal Academics for the next school year (2021/2022).
The Vice Principal Academics will report to the Principal. He/she will be a member of the Management Team and will directly oversee the academics of the school.
A degree in Education. A Masters degree will be an added advantage.
A strong background in Mathematics and English is a requirement for this position.
At least five years of experience in a similar role (as Vice Principal, Principal or Head of School, etc) in a 21st century school that implements the British Curriculum
Technology skills for 21st-century educators
Leadership and management skills
Very good supervision skills
At least four years of teaching experience
In-depth knowledge of Nigerian and British curriculum
Modern trends in teaching and learning
Knowledge of performance management of teachers
Emotional Intelligence and Self awareness
The Head of Academics will have direct oversight over all the academic staff while reporting to the Principal.
He/she will ensure learning and teaching take place in line with the school's expectations and current trends in education to meet the current competition.
He/she will be responsible for driving academic performance along with the other team members, by ensuring standards are maintained in teaching and learning.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form by clicking the flyer below.
Or you can access the application form using the link below:
3. GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
WE NEED AN EXPERIENCED GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
Our client, a top secondary school that is located in Abuja that implements the British Curriculum, is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced Guidance Counsellor for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Guidance Counsellor will report directly to the Principal of the School.
Job Type: This is a full time job
All applicants should possess a minimum of first degree in Guidance Counselling.
A masters degree in Guidance Counselling, or MSc/MA is an added advantage.
Teaching certification and prior teaching experience is important for this position.
At least 5 years cognate experience in the field
Must have experience with International universities placement
- Proven experience a sa guidance counselor
- Experience in teaching (at least three years
- Excellent communication skills with high emotional intelligence
- IT/Computer Skills
- Very good report writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of teenage psychology
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic; confidentiality.
- Intermediate IT skills
- Planning and/or promoting programmes which enhance the academic, social or emotional growth of students, e.g., Curriculum Fair, Career Fair, Graduation, opportunities for student enrichment and/or remediation, scholarship opportunities and parent informational programmes on international admissions;
- Working with students who have discipline, attendance and academic challenges and are referred by teachers, parents or administrators;
- Guiding each student to choose courses consistent with his/her interests, abilities and career plans;
- Helping students develop post-secondary educational plans in accordance with their interests, abilities and career plans;
- Assisting students with the completion of college admissions applications;
- Guiding students with applications, forwarding students applications to universities and following up with university personnel regarding status
- Developing and implementing an all-encompassing educational and college admissions counseling plan with modern methods of teaching and mentoring
- Organizing and promoting standardized assessment opportunities and interpreting test results to students and/or parents on request;
- Assuring that appropriate, accurate information is maintained in each student’s permanent, cumulative record
- Scheduling; counseling students in vocational and career guidance.
- Expected to be very knowledgeable of career preparation in order to provide advice to students regarding education and employment options after high school.
- Supply admission requirements for colleges and training programmes,
- To guide the school, parents and students on international university placements
- Guide students with applications, forwarding students applications to universities and follow up with university personnel regarding status
- Representing the company during fairs and events
- Contributing to develop our school brand.
- Evaluate the student profiles and suggest college courses and universities based upon various evaluation criteria
If you meet these requirements, please complete the application form, and ensure to attach your CV to the form:
Or acces the application form using the link below:
4. HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
HR MANAGER NEEDED!
Our client, a top 21st century school located in Abuja, is seeking to employ an HR Manager for the 2021/2022 academic session.
This job is a full time position and will report to the Head of Operations while working closely with the Head of School.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related academic qualification
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional human resources management experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- The successful candidate must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, sound business judgment, tact and diplomacy, and the ability to interact with personnel at all levels of the School.
- The successful candidate must demonstrate a strong working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations and have prior experience in coordinating or managing some combination of recruitment, compensation, employee relations, position classification or employee benefits matters.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications
- Employee conflict resolution skills are required for thsi role, amonsgt other HR-related fucntions.
- Some analytical ability to gather and summarize data, find solutions to various administrative problems
- Ability to prioritize and organize work in a multitasked environment
- Must have the ability to act and perform exemplary work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and co-workers in a professional and helpful manner in person or via phone orwritten correspondence
- Performance management skils are required
- Ability to develop a staff professional development plan
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Outstanding verbal presentation and facilitation skills
- Must be able to successfully and positively engage employees
- Ability to understand and handle sensitive and confidential information
How to Apply:
Click the flyer below for Human Resource Manager to access the application form.
Or use the link below the apply for the position of Human Resource Manager.
5. TEACHERS: FOR EARLY YEARS, PRIMARY SCHOOL AND SECONDARY SHOOL
Teachers required for recruitment are in the following categories:
Teachers for the Early Years
Maths and English Language Teachers for the Primary School
Maths and English Language Teachers for the Secondary School
Experienced Secondary School English Language Teacher Needed
Are you a talented Secondary School Teacher of the English Language or Mathematics looking for a post to commence in a top school in Abuja in September 2021?
Are you constantly graded ‘Very Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ in observations in your current school?
Do you have at least three years’ experience of teaching in a good international school that offers the Cambridge Curriculum?
Are you skilled in using technology to deliver your lessons in a 21st century manner?
Do you have a team spirit to work in an organisation that appreciates this?
Are you forward thinking, and keen to progress?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic top school in Abuja in September 2021 and to advance your teaching career.
The school has been known to advance the professional development of its staff and their success has been put down to the excellent leadership, with the Head of School and the Board of Directors being highly respected.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
A degree in Education
A minimum of 5 years experience as a teacher in an international school
Knowledge and experience of the British Curriculum
Use of technology in teaching
Team spirit and emotional intelligence
Understaning of children's and teenage psychology
Applications are invited from qualified and experienced teachers only.
Playing a key role in the lives of young people, a teacher is both facilitator and enabler.
Secondary teachers will develop a children’s enthusiasm for learning by engaging minds and building positive relationships, whilst ensuring they are ready for future challenges, both in life and the workplace.
Those wishing to work in Secondary School will be required to demonstrate qualifications and an appropriate level of subject knowledge relating to the curriculum area they wish to teach.
Those wishing to work in the Primary School must demonstrate a knowledge of children's psychology and emotional intelligence. All the qualifications sated apply to both primary school and secondary school teachers.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHERS:
Degree in Education
At least three years experience as a teacher in a primary school that impments the British Curriculum
Strong skills in Mathematics and English Language
Great ICT skills an technology for teaching
Knowledge of children's psychology
Emotional intelligence; team player
Very good communcation skills
Global mindedness and approach to teaching and learning
EARLY YEARS TEACHERS
Teachers applying to teach in the Early Years must have at least three years expereince of teachng in the Early Years of a good school
Understning of childen's psychology
Degree in education
A demonstrable love for working with children at this level
Good IT and computer skills
Very good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE TEACHING POSITIONS:
Simply click the flyer to access the application form.
Or access the application form using the link below:
Do you know someone who could be perfect for this role?
Let them know about this vacancy and refer them via our website or the link above.
I really hope you've been to identify a position you can apply for here.
Please help to spread the adverts to reach a lot of people by sharing it on your social media platforms on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Twitter and LinkedIn as well as on your blogs.
For enquiries about the above listed positions, send an email to:
Our company is also recruiting for a brand new school in Abuja which comences in the new school year (2021/2022). Check the adverts in the next blog post.
You might want to use this opportunity to subscribe to my youtube channel Nancy Ekpezu where I share video content on school and workplace administration and management at https://www.youtube.com/c/nancyekpezu.
I share updates on my programs and content on school administration and management in my newsletters. It's a great idea to get on my email list to receive these, or don't you thinlk so?