If you have een following my online activites closely (I hope you have), you'd have known by now that I announced my new book some months ago and then took a break. And several people have begun to make requests and ask when they can have their copies.
I have good news for you!
The book is almost here!
And I opened it up for preorder yesterday and severla people ahve already begun to order their copies.
But wait a minute.. I'm sure you'd like to know why I wrote the book The School Administrator's Companion.
Here is why....
When I set out on my journey as a school administrator in April 2005, I practically had no experienced school administrator around me to look up to or to guide, mentor, or coach me. It was a tough though fulfilling journey as I made my mistakes and learnt while on the job and during subsequent ones.
The availability of visible experienced administrators would have made my journey to competence and expertise a shorter and easier one. There is something about someone who has walked a road, sharing his or her experience to those who have just begun their journey or are aspiring to be where he or she is already. It is a vastly different experience from just reading theories and concepts from books.
In the book, The School Administrator’s Companion, I have provided concise yet practical advice, tips, nuggets, and checklists for school administrators.This book is intended for school administrators who want to bring value to their jobs; even administrators who are already performing very well on their jobs will still have a thing or two to glean from this useful book. Therefore, it is a must-read for all emerging school administrators and anyone who is already established in a school leadership position.
It is also an excellent book to educate and equip newly hired or recently promoted school administrators on the requisite elements of school administration. The School Administrator’s Companion is not just a practical comprehensive tool for all school administrators and school leaders; teachers who aspire to be in leadership or administrative and management positions need this too. It can also be read by well-meaning parents who would like to make meaningful contributions to the effectiveness and growth of the schools their children attend.
Everyone will gain something significant from the book to contribute to the development of the school. This is not a rigid textbook, but rather one I have written based on my experience, knowledge, skills, competence, and expertise acquired over the past decade-and-a-half as a seasoned and accomplished school administrator in four reputable schools across diverse geographical zones in Nigeria.
The School Administrator’s Companion bridges the gap between theories taught in school and what actually applies in the workplace. So, this much-anticipated book shares secrets of highly successful school administrators, equipping you to function at your best and become a highly sought after school administrator. It is a practical guide to school administration, devoid of fluffy professional jargon. The tips shared in this book are tested, proven and simplified in a ready-to-apply manner for every aspiring or already-established school administrator. You will learn valuable insights in such areas as:
- The qualities required of every 21st century school administrator in our fast-paced and constantly evolving world
- A guide on the steps to take for everyone starting out on their first school administration or management role
- What exactly a school administrator does or is required to do despite the differences in school settings
- Insight into leading school through its vision, mission and core values
- Tips on recruiting and retaining the best staff
- How to develop effective school policies and procedures
- Some legal considerations you must not ignore in a school’
- How to build and maintain healthy relationship with the parents without compromising your professionalism
- A lot on how to go about effective communication to everyone in the school community- staff, students, parents, vendors and others
- How to create functional filing systems for your school no matter how little you know about filing, and how little the resources you have
- Tips on managing your school’s finances effectively
- Tips on managing your school’s material resources- the stores, inventory. In a simplified manner, devoid of confusing professional jargon
- Tips on understanding the people you lead and building a high performing team
- Tips on producing a great yearbook,and why you should even have one in the first place
- Tips on school security and safety
- Recommendations for unique after-school activities and clubs to engage your students and pupils.
The School Administrator’s Companion is indeed a must-have for any school administrator’s library and school library!
Please follow Nancy Ekpezu On Facebook: Educational Administration Network
Instagram: Nancy Ekpezu
Facebook: @Nancy Mba Ekpezu
To follow her work, and receive updates about the book.
Now, here is the link whre you can pre-order:
Your pre-order gives you access to my the virtual School Administrator's Hangout on the 29th and 30th of May where the book will be launched.
Reach out to me if you have any hitch with the payment on Paystack and I'll provide a direct bank account number you can pay directly into. This cost of N4,500 includes delivery of the book to youin any state in Nigeria.