Pezu Smith Consulting is recruiting candidates for our client, a top school located in Abuja, for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The school implements the British curriculum and is particular about a hands-on approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the children to acquire 21st century skills. It appreciates best practices.
The positions are:
Deputy Head of Primary School
English Langauage Teachers for the Primary School
English Language Teachers for the Secondary School
Early Years Teachers
Please read through each post and apply if you meet the requirements, or kindly share with people who are qualified.
The Deputy Head of Primary School:
The Deputy Head of School must have at least a first degree in Education
He/she must have at least three years of relevant experience as a head of a primary school, or in a supervisory role in an international primary school setting
Must be tech savvy and able to use relevant technology tools to work daily
Must have the emotional intelligence required for a leadership role.
Must be global minded and familiar with trends and methodologies in teaching and learning
The Guidance Counselor
The candidate should possess a minimum of a first degree in Guidance Counselling.
A masters degree in Guidance Counselling, or MSc/MA is an added advantage.
Teaching certification and prior teaching experience is important for this position.
At least four years cognate experience in the field
Must have experience with International universities placement
- Proven experience as a guidance counselor
- Experience in teaching (at least three years)
- Excellent communication skills with high emotional intelligence
- IT/Computer Skills
- Very good report writing and presentation skills
- Understanding of teenage psychology
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Motivational leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Confident interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and solid work ethic; confidentiality.
- Intermediate IT skills
- Planning and/or promoting programmes which enhance the academic, social or emotional growth of students, e.g., Curriculum Fair, Career Fair, Graduation, opportunities for student enrichment and/or remediation, scholarship opportunities and parent informational programmes on international admissions;
- Working with students who have discipline, attendance and academic challenges and are referred by teachers, parents or administrators;
- Guiding each student to choose courses consistent with his/her interests, abilities and career plans;
- Helping students develop post-secondary educational plans in accordance with their interests, abilities and career plans;
- Assisting students with the completion of college admissions applications;
- Guiding students with applications, forwarding students applications to universities and following up with university personnel regarding status
- Developing and implementing an all-encompassing educational and college admissions counseling plan with modern methods of teaching and mentoring
- Organizing and promoting standardized assessment opportunities and interpreting test results to students and/or parents on request
- Expected to be very knowledgeable of career preparation in order to provide advice to students regarding education and employment options after high school.
- Supply admission requirements for colleges and training programmes,
- To guide the school, parents and students on international university placements
- Guide students with applications, forwarding students applications to universities and follow up with university personnel regarding status
- Representing the company during fairs and events
- Evaluate the student profiles and suggest college courses and universities based upon various evaluation criteria
TEACHERS FOR EARLY YEEARS, PRIMARY AND SECONDARY
Teachers required for recruitment are in the following categories:
Teachers for the Early Years
English Language Teachers for the Primary School
English Language Teachers for the Secondary School
At east three years’ experience of teaching in a good international school that offers the Cambridge Curriculum
Skilled in using technology to deliver lessons in a 21st century manner
A team spirit to work in an organisation
Forward thinking, and keen to progress
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic top school in Abuja in September 2021 and to advance your teaching career.
The school has been known to advance the professional development of its staff and their success has been put down to the excellent leadership, with the Head of School and the Board of Directors being highly respected.
Qualification, Skills and Competencies:
A degree in Education (in the relevant subject area)
A minimum of 5 years experience as a teacher in an international school
Knowledge and experience of the British Curriculum
Use of technology in teaching
Team spirit and emotional intelligence
Understaning of children's and teenage psychology
EARLY YEARS TEACHERS
Teachers applying to teach in the Early Years must have at least three years expereince of teachng in the Early Years of a good school
Understning of childen's psychology
Degree in education
A demonstrable love for working with children at this level
Good IT and computer skills
Very good communication skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the posiion you are applying for. e.g EARLY YEARS TEACHER, ENGLIGH LANGAUGE TEACHER FOR PRIMARY, etc.
Now that you are on my blog, please subscribe to the blog, so that you'lll receive updates directly to your email. Use the purple button below.